Sunday, December 27, 2009







I'm still figuring out how to do this blog!
My husband made a cornhole game for my daughter. Its a beanbag game,that you toss bags (that are filled with corn) into the hole.The game is supposed to be 70 ft from where you toss the bag. If you have a friend with a corn hole, you compete as teams.
I made a wreath for a co-worker. She saw the star shaped wreath in my Martha Stewart magazine,said "Can you make that for me." I did,my first evergreen wreath ever to make! One area was a little too thick,but toward the end i was getting the hang of it.
I stitched the sampler for my oldest daughter. The navtivity scene is made from wool felt. I had the directions,cut out each individual peace,and made the hanging piece that they are placed on. I made a pillow for my stepmom that I forgot to take a picture of it when she opened it. I messed up on the directions,so I want to make another one,the way its supposed to look. I cut part of the pillow 2 1/2 inces too short,so i had to adjust the size,and the pillow is smaller than it was designed to be. Everyone liked their gifts. My daughter Laura made some gifts she saw on the SYTC blog,they turned out well.Its so nice to recieve something homemade. she also made us some cinamon-raisen bread,which i put in the freezer for now!
I hope your Christmas was full of blessings. Mine was wonderful,spent with family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your handmade gifts turned out beautifully. That star wreath must have been tricky. I didn't end up doing any sewing except that cross-stitch I showed. I did make food gifts. So I hope to do some sewing after I get my New Year chores done. I've never heard of a corn toss before, it sounds like lots of fun. Do you do quilting? I want to make some small wall hangings. Linda

Becky said...

I did a block quilt-sorta. I cut 4x5" squares,sewed them together,and made a baby blanket. I would like to make a "crazy quilt" square,but don't think I have the patients for a quilt!